DescriptionAutoCAD is the hot computer-aided design software known for both its powerful tools and its complexity. AutoCAD 2010 for Dummies is the bestselling guide that walks you through this complicated program so you can build complex 3D technical drawings, edit like a pro, enter new dimensions, and plot with style.
AutoCAD 2010 for Dummies helps you navigate the program, use the AutoCAD Design Center, create a basic layout and work with dimension, and put your drawings on the Internet. You’ll soon be setting up the AutoCAD environment, using the AutoCAD Ribbon, creating annotation and dimension drawings, exploring 3D models, and cruising comfortably through AutoCAD 2010.
- Understand object selection and learn all about commanding and selecting, one-by-one selection, and perfecting selecting
- Use the AutoCAD tool kit and learn to copy between drawings, manipulate images, and polish your properties
- Turn on your annotative objects and say more in multiline text
- Understand the anatomy of a dimension, then draw and edit your own
- Get up to speed on how to create block definitions, insert blocks, and more
- Discover techniques for setting up a layout in paper space
- Push the boundary of hatch and define hatch objects
- Learn to design in Web format and draw on the Internet
With AutoCAD, the only limits are your imagination. AutoCAD 2010 for Dummies prepares you to use this powerful software to design and document your ideas in 2D and 3D.
Part I: AutoCAD 101.
Chapter 1: Introducing AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT.
Chapter 2: Le Tour de AutoCAD 2010.
Chapter 3: A Lap around the CAD Track.
Chapter 4: Setup for Success.
Chapter 5: Planning for Paper.
Part II: Let There Be Lines.
Chapter 6: Manage Your Properties.
Chapter 7: Preciseliness Is Next to CADliness.
Chapter 8: Down the Straightaway.
Chapter 9: Dangerous Curves Ahead.
Chapter 10: Get a Grip on Object Selection.
Chapter 11: Edit for Credit.
Chapter 12: A Zoom with a View.
Part III: If Drawings Could Talk.
Chapter 13: Text with Character.
Chapter 14: Entering New Dimensions.
Chapter 15: Down the Hatch.
Chapter 16: The Plot Thickens.
Part IV: Advancing with AutoCAD.
Chapter 17: The ABCs of Blocks.
Chapter 18: Going Dynamic and External.
Chapter 19: Call the Parametrics!
Chapter 20: Drawing on the Internet.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 21: Ten Great AutoCAD Resources.
Chapter 22: Ten Differences between AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT.
Chapter 23: Ten System Variables to Make Your Life Easier.