Are you a sugar addict? Beating Sugar Addiction For Dummies provides you a safe and healthy path to overcome your addiction, eliminate stress eating, and upgrade your nutrition for a healthier lifestyle.
Sugar addiction is a rapidly growing epidemic that can lead to obesity, chronic fatigue, diabetes, and a host of other medical and psychological problems. Beating Sugar Addiction For Dummies helps those who are affected by this commonly overlooked addiction to outsmart their sugar cravings and overcome their addiction. The tips in this book will help you:
- Learn to stop stress eating and perform a nutrition makeover that makes the low-sugar lifestyle easy!
- Stop the frustration of yo-yo dieting, and finally find an eating plan that works.
- Free yourself from the grip of sugar addiction and regain control over your life.
Beating Sugar Addiction For Dummies contains everything you need to start your journey down the road to wellness:
- Four common types of sugar addicts – which one are you?
- Finally understand carbs, protein, and fat with a simple nutrition system for weight loss and healthy eating, including what to choose and what to stay away from
- Detoxing from sugar and performing a kitchen makeover
- Eating mindfully – making purposeful decisions instead of stress eating
- How to survive holidays, restaurants, and special occasions
- Building a support system
- Exercise programs for energy and weight loss
- Speedy low-sugar recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and desserts
- Staying on track and breaking the cycle of failure – including a step-by-step list of exactly what to do when a sugar craving strikes!
If you're one of the millions of people worldwide who relies too much on sugar for energy, comfort, or convenience, Beating Sugar Addiction For Dummies is your no-nonsense guide to decreasing your sugar intake, losing weight, and changing your life for the better!
Part I: Are You a Sugar Addict or a Sweet Freak? 7
Chapter 1: Moving from Sugar Addiction to Sugar Reduction 9
Chapter 2: Figuring Out Why You’re Addicted to Sugar 19
Chapter 3: The 4-1-1 on Sugar and Carbs 31
Chapter 4: How Sugar Contributes to Chronic Health Problems 49
Part II: Developing Your Low-Sugar or No-Sugar Food Plan 65
Chapter 5: Creating a Sustainable Plan: The Basics of Nutrition and Portions 67
Chapter 6: Stocking a Low-Sugar Kitchen 89
Chapter 7: Sugar Detox 101 105
Part III: Living a Successful Sugar-Busting Lifestyle 115
Chapter 8: Eating Mindfully 117
Chapter 9: Breaking the Cycle of Failure and Staying On Track 127
Chapter 10: Navigating the Minefields of Eating Out and Special Occasions 145
Chapter 11: Getting a Boost from Your Support System 153
Chapter 12: Sugar-Busting Moves: Incorporating Exercise 161
Part IV: Sugar-Busting Recipes 191
Chapter 13: Energy-Boosting Breakfasts 193
Chapter 14: Powerful Lunches 205
Chapter 15: Nourishing Dinners 219
Chapter 16: Satisfying Snacks 235
Chapter 17: Sin-Free Desserts 249
Part V: The Part of Tens 263
Chapter 18: Ten Surprising Foods to Leave at the Grocery Store 265
Chapter 19: Ten Ways to Outwit Your Cravings 271
Appendix: Metric Conversion Guide 275