DescriptionThis updated edition of the best-selling book Because Writing Matters reflects the most recent research and reports on the need for teaching writing, and it includes new sections on writing and English language learners, technology, and the writing process.
INTRODUCTION: Why Writing Matters.
ONE: Improving Student Writing: Challenges and Expectations.
TWO: Learning to Write.
THREE: Writing to Learn.
FOUR: Professional Development.
FIVE Standards and Assessments for Writing.
SIX: What Administrators Can Do to Create Effective Writing Programs.
- The definitive guide to teaching writing effectively in schools
- Sponsored/authored by the nation's most respected organization concerned with writing in schools
- Updated to reflect most recent research and reports on the necessity for teaching writing .
- Includes new sections on Writing and English Language Learners and on Technoogy and the Writing Process.
- Recommendations are based on solid research and practices
- Action steps are priroitized from the easily-achieved to the larger and longer-term.