DescriptionIn this thought-provoking, passionately written book, Bernard Mayer—an internationally acclaimed leader in the field—dares practitioners to ask the hard questions about alternative dispute resolution. What’s wrong with conflict resolution? Why aren’t more individuals and organizations using conflict resolution when they have a problem? Why doesn’t the public know more about it? What are the limits of conflict resolution? When does conflict resolution work and when does it not? Offering a committed practitioner’s critique of the profession of mediation, arbitration, and alternative dispute resolution, Beyond Neutrality focuses on the current crisis in the field of conflict resolution and offers a pragmatic response.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Beyond Neutrality: Confronting the Crisis in Conflict Resolution
Staying with Conflict: A Strategic Approach to Ongoing Disputes (Hardcover $45.00)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
Part One: The Crisis.
1. Conflict Resolution: A Field in Crisis.
2. The Resistance to Conflict Resolution.
3. The Use (and Misuse) of Mediation.
4. Ten Beliefs That Get in Our Way.
5. Conflict Resolution and Society.
Part Two: From Resolution to Engagement.
6. The Power of Engagement.
7. The Conflict Specialist.
8. Embracing Advocacy.
9. Redefining Conflict Resolution.
About the Author.
- The first book to offer an insider's critique of the profession of mediation, arbitration, and alternative dispute resolution -- and a rallying cry on how to move on.
- A timely book that isn't afraid to ask the tough questions about the practice of conflict resolution.
- Concludes that conflict resolution has stalled but still has unrealized potential and must move to a new level of skill, acceptance, and productivity.
- Urges practitioners to go beyond neutrality to redefine conflict resolution at a level of participation more appropriate to the current era
- Bernie Mayer is a star in the world of conflict resolution, bestselling author, and extremely popular speaker and trainer.