DescriptionDesigned to lead financial managers from initial compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, through ongoing maintenance and monitoring, Beyond Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance helps readers seize this opportunity to revitalize their business practice, drive greater performance, and transform their finance organization into a key contributor to the business. Focusing on the present and future financial road ahead, Beyond Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance explores how to implement enterprise risk management processes that comply with Sarbanes-Oxley 302/404/409 requirements, ways to build on initial compliance activities that will improve financial management processes and profitability, compliance and quarterly close checklists, timelines, and table summaries to help readers achieve their goals, and much more.
1. Sarbanes-Oxley Act Overview.
2. Overview of Sarbanes-Oxley Sections 302, 404, and 409.
3. Determining Organizational Readiness.
4. The ""Path"" Approach to Compliance.
PART TWO: ONGOING MAINTENANCE AND MONITORING.
5. Change Management.
6. Ongoing Compliance Activities.
7. Audit Function Considerations.
8. Other On-Going Compliance Issues.
PART THREE: BEYOND COMPLIANCE.
9. Process Improvement Considerations.
10. International Financial Reporting Standards.
11. Non US Based Companies and Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance.
12. Financial Services Compliance Initiatives.
Appendix A: Sarbanes-Oxley Section 302.
Appendix B: Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
Appendix C: Sarbanes-Oxley Section 409.
Appendix D: Evaluation Questions to Understand the Current State of Control Processes.
Appendix E: Internal Control Over Financial Reporting.
Appendix F: Evaluating Control Deficiencies.
Appendix G: Sample Documentation.
Appendix H: AS2 Control Testing Provisions.
Appendix I: Responsibilities of Internal Auditing.
Appendix J: Actual Internal Control Disclosures.
- Shows students how to implement enterprise risk management processes that comply with Sarbanes-Oxley 302/404/409 requirements.
- Identifies ways to build on initial compliance activities that will improve financial management processes and profitibility.
- Includes easy-to-use compliance and quarterly-close checklists, timelines, and table summaries to help the reader get started.