Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Bioinformatics Algorithms: Techniques and Applications
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
1. Educating Biologists in the 21st century: Bioinformatics Scientists versus Bioinformatics Technicians (Pavel Pevznher)
Part I: Techniques.
2. Dynamic Programming Algorithms for Biological Sequence and Structure Comparison (Yuzhen Ye and Haixu Tang)
3. Graph Theoretical Approaches to Delineate Dynamics of biological Processes (Teresa M. Przytycka and Elena Zotenko)
4. Advances in Hidden Markov Models for Sequence Annotation (Brona Brejova, Daniel G. Brown, and Tomas Vinar)
5. Sorting- and FFT-Based Techniques in the Discovery of Biopatterns (Sudha Balla, Sanguthevar Rajasekaran, and Jaime Davila)
6. A Survey of Seeding for Sequence Alignment (Daniel G. Brown)
7. The Comparison of Phylogenetic Networks: Algorithms and complexity (Paola Bonizzoni, Gianluca Della Vedova, Riccardo Dondi, and Giancarlo Mauri)
Part II: Genome and Sequence Analysis.
8. Formal Models of Gene Clusters (Anne Bergeron, Cedric Chauve,and Yannick Gingras)
9. Integer Linear Programming Techniques for Discovering Approximate gene Clusters (Sven Rahmann and Gunnar W. Klau)
10. Efficient Combinatorial Algorithms for DNA Sequence Processing (Bhaskar DasGupta and Ming-Yang Kao)
11. Algorithms for Multiplex PCR Primer Set Selection with Amplification Length constraints (K.M. Konwar, I.I. Mandoiu, A.C. Russell, and A.A. Shvartsman)
12. Recent Developments in Alignment and Motif Finding for Sequences and Networks (Sing-Hoi Sze)
Part III: Microarray Design and Data Analysis.
13. Algorithms for Oligonucleotide Microarray Layout (Sergio A. De Carvalho Jr. Sven Rahmann)
14. Classification Accuracy Based Microarray Missing Value Imputation (Yi Shi, Zhipeng Cai, and Guohui Lin)
15. Meta-Analysis of Microarray Data (Saumyadipta Pyne, Steve Skiena, and Bruce Futcher)
Part IV: Genetic Variation Analysis.
16. Phasing Genotypes Using a Hidden Markov Model (P. Rastas, M. Koivisto, H. Mannila, and Ukkonen)
17. Analytical and Algorithmic Methods for Haplotype Frequency Inference: What Do they Tell Us? (Steven Hecth Orzack, Daniel Gusfield, Lakshamn Subrahmanyan, Laurent Essioux, and Sebastein Lissarrague)
18. Optimization Methods for Genotype Data Analysis in Epidemiological Studies (Dumitru Brinza, Jingwu He, and Alexander Zelikovsky)
Part V: Structural and Systems Biology.
19. Topological Indices in Combinatorial Chemistry (Sergey Bereg)
20. Efficient Algorithms for Structural Recall in Databases (Hao Wang, Patra Volarath, and Robert W. Harrison)
21. Computational Approaches to Predict Protein-Protein and Domain-Domain Interactions (Raja Jothi and Teresa M. Przytycka)
""This clear and approachable presentation makes the book appropriate for researchers, practioners, and graduate students."" (Mathematical Reviews, Issue 2009b)
""This volume will be a nice addition to the bioinformatician's bookshelf."" (Quarterly Review of Biology, December 2008)