1. Introduction to Bioremediation.
2. Geochemical Attenuation Mechanisms.
3. Biodegradation Principles.
4. Fundamentals of Ground Water Flow and Contaminant Transport Processes.
5. Fate and Transport Equations and Analytical Models for Natural Attenuation.
6. Numerical Modeling of Contaminant Transport, Transformation, and Degradation Processes.
7. Field and Laboratory Techniques to Determine Site-Specific Parameters for Modeling the Fate and Transport of Groundwater Pollutants.
8. Bioremediation Technologies.
9. Performance Assessment and Demonstration of Bioremediation and Natural Attenuation.
Appendix A: Chemical Properties of Various Compounds.
Appendix B: Free Energy and Thermodynamic Feasibility of Chemical and Biochemical Reactions.
Appendix C: Commonly Used Numerical Groundwater Flow and Solute Transport Codes (Modified after Wiedemeier et al., 1999).
Appendix D: Nonparametric Statistical Tests for Determining the Effectiveness of Natural Attenuation (after Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources).
Appendix E: Critical Values of the Student t-Distribution.