Part I: Bond Evaluation and Selection.
1. Overview of the Financial System.
2. Bond Value and Return.
3. The Level and Structure of Interest Rates.
4. Bond Risk.
Part II: Debt Markets.
5. Corporate Debt Securities.
6. Government Securities.
7. Intermediary and Foreign Debt Securities.
8. Bond Investment Strategies.
Part III: Evaluation of Bonds with Embedded Options.
9. Valuation of Bonds with Embedded Options: Binomial Interest Rate Trees.
10. Estimating the Binomial Tree.
11. Securitization and Mortgage‑Backed Securities.
Part IV: Debt Derivatives: Futures, Options, and Swaps.
12. Interest Rate Futures: Fundamentals.
13. Interest Rate Futures: Applications and Pricing.
14. Interest Rate Options: Fundamentals.
15. Interest Rate Options: Hedging Applications and Pricing.
16. Interest Rate Swaps.
17. Non-Generic Interest Rate And Currency Swaps.
Appendix A: Use of Exponents and Logarithms.
Appendix B: Mathematical Statistical Concepts.
Appendix C: CFA Questions.
Answers to Select End-of-Chapter Problems.
Glossary of Terms.
|Bond Evaluation, Selection, and Management|
Welcome to the Bond Evaluation, Selection, and Management webpage. Here you will find online supplements including PowerPoint slides, Excel Problems, Excel Tables, and Solutions.
You may require "Winzip" (PC) or "Stuffit Expander" (Mac) to access these files.
- Provides a comprehensive exposition of bond and debt management.
- Covers both the fundamental and advanced topics in the field, including bond derivatives.
- Focuses on concepts, models, and numerical examples.
- Reinforces important concepts through review questions, web exercises, and practice problems in each chapter.