DescriptionAn introduction to the world of bonds, from financial expert Mark Mobius
Part of The Mark Mobius Master Class, which introduces readers to both the theory and practice of modern global financial markets through the eyes of one of the most recognized and respected fund managers in the world, Bonds: An Introduction to the Core Concepts cuts through the jargon and mystique of the world of bonds. Packed with everything you need to understand how bonds work and how you can use them, this is the only book you need to make the most of the market.
Filled with useful summaries and questions throughout, Bonds offers a comprehensive learning experience, illuminated with anecdotes and cartoons that bring the subject matter to life.
- Features clear definitions of financial terms, worked examples of transactions and contracts, and much more
- Contains everything you need to know to understand the world of bonds, from financial guru Mark Mobius
- Features real life anecdotes from Mobius's own remarkable experiences in the markets
Compelling reading, Bonds: An Introduction to the Core Concepts contains everything novice traders and investors need to explain the markets, in plain English.
1. An Introduction to Bonds 1
2. Bond Markets 11
3. Rating Agencies 29
4. Government Bonds 43
5. Corporate Bonds 57
6. International Bonds 71
7. Bond Calculations 85
8. Risk 93
9. Investing Methods 105
10. Building a Portfolio 119
11. Q&A on Bond Investing 131
Quick Quiz Answers 137
Useful Websites 143