Chapter 1. Functions and Their Graphs.
Chapter 2. Classes of Functions.
Chapter 3. The Limit of a Function.
Chapter 4. The Derivative of a Function.
Chapter 5. Applications: Graphing Functions; Optimization.
Chapter 6. The Integral of a Function and Applications.
Chapter 7. Other Applications and Extensions of the Integral.
Chapter 8. Calculus of Functions of Two or More Variables.
Appendix: Graphing Utilities.
Appendix 1. The Viewing Rectangle.
Appendix 2. Using a Graphing Utility to Graph Equations.
Appendix 3. Square Screens.
Appendix 4. Using a Graphing Utility To Locate Intercepts and Check for Symmetry.
Appendix 5. Using a Graphing Utility to Solve Equations.
Answers to Odd-Numbers Problems.
- NEW! Full color design improves clarity and assists student understanding with consistant pedagogical use of color.
- More applications using real data enhances student motivation. Many of these applications include source lines, to show how mathematics is used in the real world.
- NEW! Conceptual problems ask students to put the concepts and results into their own words. These problems are marked with an icon to make them easier to assign.
- The Preparing for this Section feature guides the student on which concepts to review before starting each new section.
- Each section begins with a set of objectives, which are highlighted and maintained throughout the section. At the end of each chapter, these objectives are reviewed, with specific Review Exercises to test the student's command of the material.
- Each chapter ends with a Chapter Project that can be used in class, assigned for homework, or employed for group work.
- NEW! Use of Excel spreadsheets are now integrated throughout.
- More opportunities for the use of graphing calculator, including screen shots and instructions.
- Icons clearly identify each opportunity for the use of spreadsheets or graphing calculator.
- Objectives Check
- Important Terms and Concepts
- True-False Items
- Fill in the Blanks
- Review Exercises