1. British Politics Today: Towards a New Political Science of British Politics? (Colin Hay).
2. Pluralism and the Study of British Politics : It is Always the Happy Hour for Men with Money, Knowledge and Power. (David Marsh).
3. Gender and Contemporary British Politics. (Pippa Norris).
4. The Paradoxes of British Political Parties. (Dennis Kavanagh).
5. Electoral Competition in Contemporary Britain. (David Sanders).
6. The New Public Administration of the British State. (R. A. W. Rhode).
7. Towards a New Welfare Settlement? (Ruth Lister).
8. The New Political Economy of Postwar Britain. (David Coates).
9. Britain's European Future? (Ben Rosamond).
10. Ethics, Labour and Foreign Policy. (Stuart Croft).
11. Towards a New Constitutional Settlement? (James Mitchell).
12. The Belfast Agreement: The Making, Management and Mismanagement of a Consociation? (Brendan O'Leary).
- Hay has gathered together an internationally renowned group of academics to write for this text
- Provides a current and comprehensive view of the major issues in British Politics
- Offers a re-examination of the discipline of politics in the light of the changing position of Britain in Europe and the wider world