Part One: Board Leadership and Dynamics.
1. A Blueprint for Building Better Boards.
2. Board Composition.
3. Director Performance.
4. Board Leadership: Structures and Roles.
5. Board Work Processes.
6. The Role of Leaders in Shaping Board Culture.
Part Two: Critical Areas of Work.
7. Engaging the Board in Corporate Strategy.
8. CEO Performance Evaluation.
9. The Board’s New Roles in CEO Succession.
10. The Board’s Role in Corporate Crises.
11. Board Assessment.
Part Three: Emerging Issues Outside the United States.
12. Special Issues in Corporate Governance in Canada.
13. U.K. Corporate Governance.
Conclusion: Recommendations for Building Better Boards.
Appendix: 2004 NACD Blue Ribbon Commission on Board Leadership.