1. Community Colleges and the Media: Defining Identity (Janel Henriksen Hastings).
2. The Importance of Being Honest: Building Relationships Between Media and College Personnel (Clifton Truman Daniel).
3. Building Relationships with the Media: A Brief Working Guide for Community College Leaders (Neal A. Raisman).
4. Community Colleges and the Media: Getting Effective Coverage for Your Institution (Tim Thornton).
5. Community College Advancement Through Relationships with the Newspaper Media (Anthony Marquez).
6. Working with Media Outlets to Communicate with the Public (Mark L. Wallace).
7. Using Demographics and Statistics to Inform Target Audiences (Janel Henriksen Hastings).
8. Making the Case for "Public Journalism"( Lucy Lee).
9. The Media as Teacher: Helping Advisers, Mentoring Young Journalists (Christine Tatum).
10. Your Site or Mine? Courting the Press Along the Information Superhighway (Clifton Truman Daniel).
11. Sources and Information: Media Relations in Community Colleges (Barbara Tobolowsky).