DescriptionA little more than 3 billion people have access to basic mobile telephony, with 48% living close to or below the poverty line. These people, the so-called ‘mass market’, lack access to basic communications technology. An ongoing issue facing communications providers is how to facilitate and promote communications access to those who live in rural areas of developing economies.
The authors utilize their considerable ‘hands on’ experience of working in successful telecommunications companies in order to address the challenges of creating, facilitating and maintaining sustainable telecommunications growth in developing nations. With this focus in mind the authors present a snapshot of these countries through real life case studies.
Sustainable Telecoms Growth in Developing Economies:
- Presents innovative and sustainable business models to address telecommunications adoption in developing countries.
- Identifies the inherent drivers and barriers in the mass-market adoption of mobile services in developing economies.
- Discusses the impact and importance of telecoms in developing nations including customer needs and Internet-based services.
- Highlights the current state of communications in such markets.
- Includes real-world case studies and interviews with telecoms CEOs from all over the world.
The author team provides decision makers, professionals, and application developers in IT, telecommunications and media with a thorough understanding of the current state and future evolution of sustainable telecommunications in developing countries. The book will also be of interest to advanced students in electrical engineering and telecommunications, analysts, and consultants with an interest in growing economies.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Business Models for Sustainable Telecoms Growth in Developing Economies
Testing UMTS: Assuring Conformance and Quality of UMTS User Equipment (Hardcover $145.00)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
About the Authors.
1. The Impact of Communications on Developing Markets.
2. Mobile Telephony – A Great Success Story? Can Mobile Growth Be Sustained?
3. Communications for All – is it a Myth?
4. Customers' Needs for Telecoms Services and Applications.
5. Mobilising Wireless Communications for Mass Markets.
6. Defining Innovative Business Models for Sustainable Telecoms Growth.
7. Straight from Top Executives – Trends and Approaches.
8. Internet in Rural Areas – Emerging Business Models and Opportunities in Developing Countries.
9. Making It Happen: Enabling Communication in Developing Economies.