Business Statistics: For Contemporary Decision Making, 9th Edition continues the tradition of presenting and explaining the wonders of business statistics through the use of clear, complete, student-friendly pedagogy. Ken Black's text equips readers with the quantitative decision-making skills and analysis techniques they need to make smart decisions based on real-world data.
1 Introduction to Statistics 1
2 Charts and Graphs 15
3 Descriptive Statistics 48
4 Probability 89
5 Discrete Distributions 129
6 Continuous Distributions 166
7 Sampling and Sampling Distributions 201
8 Statistical Inference: Estimation for Single Populations 231
9 Statistical Inference: Hypothesis Testing for Single Populations 265
10 Statistical Inferences About Two Populations 316
11 A nalysis of Variance and Design of Experiments 370
12 Simple Regression Analysis and Correlation 424
13 Multiple Regression Analysis 473
14 Building Multiple Regression Models 501
15 Time-Series Forecasting and Index Numbers 546
16 Analysis of Categorical Data 600
17 Nonparametric Statistics 620
18 Statistical Quality Control 664
19 Decision Analysis 705
Appendix A: Tables
Appendix B: Answers to Selected Odd-Numbered Quantitative Problems
- The revised text chapter organization allows for both one and two semester coverage.
- Each chapter begins with Decision Dilemmas - real business vignettes that each present a business dilemma, asking a number of managerial or statistical questions, the solutions to which require the use of techniques prersented in the chapter; a Decision Dilemma Solved feature concludes each chapter to answer and discuss each question.
- New, exciting business cases to help students apply the techniques and skills presented in the text
- Each chapter contains at least one or two Thinking Critically About Statistics in Business Today features that give real-life examples of how the statistics presented in the chapter apply in the business world today.
- Nine databases that provide additional opportunities for students to apply the statistics presented in this text.
- 965 practice problems available in this text
- a series of videotape tutorials by the author, Ken Black
- WileyPLUS -WileyPLUS online learning environment features all end-of-chapter problems, author video tutorials, databases, applets, student solutions and Excel Manual for students.
- Ethical Considerations - A feature in each chapter, Ethical Considerations integrate the topic of ethics with applications of business statistics.
- Tree Taxonomy Diagrams - Further illustrate the connection between topics and techniques and the ability to see the big picture of inferential statistics.