Business Statistics for Contemporary Decision Making, 2nd Canadian Edition is our clean, clear, comprehensive Canadian Business Statistic text. Our main goal is to support student success in the Business Stats course. From the clear instruction, thorough explanations and real-data examples, the book is a pedagogically sound, reliable resource for students. With WileyPLUS online learning environment, Video Tutorials and the new Office Hour videos, students have more ways to succeed with Business Statistics for Contemporary Decision Making, 2nd Canadian Edition than ever before.
Chapter 1 Introduction to Statistics
Chapter 2 Charts and Graphs
Chapter 3 Descriptive Statistics
Chapter 4 Probability
PART 2: The Distributions
Chapter 5 Discrete Distributions
Chapter 6 Continuous Distributions
Chapter 7 Sampling and Sampling Distributions
PART 3: Making Inferences about Population Parameters
Chapter 8 Statistical Inference: Estimation for Single Populations
Chapter 9 Statistical Inference: Hypothesis Testing for Single Populations
Chapter 10 Statistical Inferences about Two
Chapter 11 Analysis of Variance and Design of Experiments
PART 4: Regression, Analysis and Forecasting
Chapter 12 Simple Regression Analysis and Correlation
Chapter 13 Multiple Regression Analysis
Chapter 14 Building Multiple Regression Models
Chapter 15 Time-Series Forecasting and Index Numbers
Chapter 16 Analysis of Categorical Data
Chapter 17 Nonparametric Statistics
Chapter 18 Statistical Quality Control
Chapter 19 Decision Analysis
- New Decision Dilemmas (real business vignettes that open each chapter) and Decision Dilemma Solved features.
- New end of chapter cases. New, current and relevant businesses are profiled to help students connect real organizations with business statistics concepts.
- More Canadian examples throughout the text.
- Additional questions in the problems and supplementary problem sections.
- NEW and Improved Visuals: Graphs, tables, and figures have been added throughout the text to illustrate and underscore concepts.
- Use of Excel 2010 in the Using the Computer section.
- New Office Hour videos that feature the author walking students through selected questions from each chapter. These, along with the current and new Concept Videos, help bridge the gap between theory and application once students are outside the classroom and working on their own.
WileyPLUS is a research-based online environment for effective teaching and learning. WileyPLUS is packed with interactive study tools and resources–including the complete online textbook–to give your students more value for their money. With WileyPLUS, business statistics instructors can assign and automatically grade homework, practice, and quizzes from the end of chapter and test bank, track their students’ progress in an instructor’s grade book, access all teaching and learning resources, and student and instructor supplements, in one place.
For students, WileyPLUS provides helpful tools, such as the student study manual, videos with tutorials by the author, applets, Decision Dilemma and Decision Dilemma Solved animations, learning activities, flash cards for key terms, demonstration problems, databases in both Excel and Minitab, case data in both Excel and Minitab, and problem data in both Excel and Minitab.