DescriptionJohn P. Mueller demonstrates how you can fine-tune your skill set to create an elegant design that will scale well and produce reliable, speedy, secure, and efficient code. You?ll explore several applications and design strategies using C# and you?ll learn the best approaches for various system configurations. Mueller shares expert advice on how to create better applications by using fine-tuned design strategies and new methods for writing applications using less code, which improves efficiency. Topics include understanding the application lifecycle, defining a design strategy, designing with speed and security in mind, scripting the IDE, working with controls and components, testing, debugging and quality assurance, serializing XML, working with LINQ, augmenting applications using F#, and much more.
2. Understanding the Application Lifecycle.
3. Defining a Design Strategy.
4. Designing the User Interface.
5. Designing With Speed in Mind.
6. Designing With Reliability in Mind.
7. Designing With Security in Mind.
8. Customizing the IDE.
10. Viewing Data in the IDE.
11. Working With Controls and Components.
12. Coding the Application.
13. Considering the Documentation.
14. Implementing Error Handling.
15. Testing, Debugging, and Quality Assurance.
16. Deploying the Application.
17. Supporting and Maintaining the Application.
18. Developing Around the Performance Triangle.
19. Considering Application Speed Implications.
20. Considering Application Reliability Implications.
21. Considering Application Security Implications.
22. Serializing XML.
23. Working With LINQ.
24. Augmenting Applications Using F#.
25. Creating Multithreaded Applications.
26. Creating Reports and Other Output.
27. Designing Low-Level Application Elements.
28. Choosing Resources and Tools.
29. Microsoft Resources and Tools.
30. Third-Party Resources and Tools.