CVs For Dummies, 2nd Edition
CVs For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Product not available for purchase
DescriptionA high quality CV is essential for anyone who wants to get ahead, especially in today’s competitive job market. This fully updated guide shows readers how to create a brilliant CV that’ll get them noticed – and the job they deserve. With dozens of useful sample CVs from a diverse range of industries and age groups, plus advice on structure, language and classic CV mistakes that could be holding them back, this book is the easiest way to a CV tune-up, and a dream job.
The new and updated CVs For Dummies 2nd Edition contains:
- Information on bouncing back from redundancy
- Tips on looking for work in a hostile job market
- Extended information on the graduate recruitment process
- A question and answer section on online application forms
- A brand new chapter on cover letters
CVs For Dummies 2nd Edition covers:
Part I: Pitching Your CVs in a Fierce Marketplace
- Chapter 1: The Versatile CV Is So Five Minutes Ago
- Chapter 2: New Quick Ways to Find the Right Jobs
- Chapter 3: Make Your CV Stand Out Among the Web giants
- Chapter 4: Familiar Search Tools Making a Stance
Part II: The Rise and Reign of the Powerful CV
- Chapter 5: Creating Your Best CV
- Chapter 6: Flowing Contents vs. Jarring Detail
- Chapter 7: Words That Always Make the Mark
- Chapter 8: Catch The Eye In Three Seconds With Design
- Chapter 9: CVs for Your Life’s Changing Phases
- Chapter 10: The Graduate vs. the Corporate World
- Chapter 11: The Bare Essentials: That Crucial Cover Letter
Part III: Bringing It All Together
- Chapter 12: A Sampling of Targeted CVs by Industry and Career Field
- Chapter 13: A Sampling of Targeted CVs by Experience Level and Age
- Chapter 14: A Sampling of Targeted CVs for Special Circumstances
- Chapter 15: A Sampling of Extreme CV Makeovers
- Chapter 16: Successful Solutions to CV Problems
Part IV: Launching Your CV Into Orbit
- Chapter 17: References Authenticate Your CV
- Chapter 18: Follow-up on Launch and Touch down
- Chapter 19: Almost Got the Interview Date? Prepare Yourself
Part V: The Part of Tens
- Chapter 20: Ten Ways to Prove Your Claims
- Chapter 21: Ten Ways to Improve Your CV
- Chapter 22: Ten Tips on Choosing Professional CV Help
- Chapter 23: Ten Things that Annoy Recruiters
- Chapter 24: Your Ten-Point CV Checklist
Part I: Pitching Your CV in a Fierce Marketplace.
Chapter 1: The Generic CV Is Past Its Sell-By Date.
Chapter 2: Quick Online Ways to Find the Right Jobs.
Chapter 3: Spotlighting Your CV in a Web 2.0 World.
Chapter 4: Familiar Search Tools That Aren’t Quite Dormant.
Part II: The Rise and Reign of the Targeted CV.
Chapter 5: Creating Your Best CV.
Chapter 6: Flowing Content Versus Jarring Detail.
Chapter 7: Words That Make the Mark.
Chapter 8: Catching the Eye in Three Seconds Flat.
Chapter 9: CVs for Your Life’s Changing Phases.
Chapter 10: Nabbing a Job as a New Graduate.
Chapter 11: The Bare Essentials of a Cover Letter.
Part III: Bringing It All Together: Sample Targeted CVs.
Chapter 12: Targeted CVs by Industry and Career Field.
Chapter 13: Targeted CVs by Experience Level and Age.
Chapter 14: Targeted CVs for Special Circumstances.
Part IV: Launching Your CV Into Orbit.
Chapter 15: References Authenticate Your CV.
Chapter 16: Following Up on Your CV.
Chapter 17: Almost Got the Interview Date? Prepare Yourself.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 18: More than Ten Ways to Prove Your Claims.
Chapter 19: Ten Ways to Improve Your CV.
Chapter 20: Ten Things that Annoy Recruiters.
Chapter 21: Ten Tips on Choosing Professional CV Help.
Chapter 22: Your Ten-Point CV Checklist.