1. Historical Perspective.
2. Physiological Processes Involving Calcium Binding Proteins.
3. Comparison of the Ca2+ Ion with Other Metal Cations.
4. Complexes of Calcium and Other Cations with Low Molecular Weight.
5. Stoichiometry, Kinetics, and Thermodynamics of Calcium Binding.
6. Experimental Methods Used to Study Calcium Binding to Proteins.
7. Structure and Evolution of Proteins.
8. Protein Complexes with Metals Other than Calcium.
9. Nonessential Metals.
11. EF-Hand Proteins.
12. Cytosolic Calcium Binding Proteins Lacking EF-Hands.
13. Extracellular Calcium Binding Proteins.
14. Interactions of Calcium Binding Proteins with Other Metal Ions.
15. Interactions of Calcium Binding Proteins with Other Proteins and with Membranes.
16. Genetic Engineering of Calcium Binding Proteins.