Calculus: Late Transcendental, 11th Edition Binder Ready Version strives to increase student comprehension and conceptual understanding through a balance between rigor and clarity of explanations; sound mathematics; and excellent exercises, applications, and examples. Anton pedagogically approaches Calculus through the Rule of Four, presenting concepts from the verbal, algebraic, visual, and numerical points of view.
New To This Program
• WileyPLUS with ORION: WileyPLUS is equipped with an adaptive learning module called ORION. Based on cognitive science, WileyPLUS with ORION provides students with a personal, adaptive learning experience to build their proficiency on topics and use their study time more effectively. It helps students learn by learning about them.
• ORION Refresher Module: An adaptive practice to master algebra, trigonometry, and polynomial equations provides students with a personalized study plan to master concepts prior to the course, allowing for instructors to focus class time on Calculus.
• Video Program: Videos of worked examples and problems covering the subject material in the Single Variable chapters of the 11th edition.
• Math Enhancements: Measure conceptual understanding in an online learning environment, through intelligent tutoring, graphing enhancements, improvements to Show Work Whiteboard, expanded test bank functionality, and enhanced grading rules functionality.
• Pre-created activities encourage learning outside of the classroom through gradable reading assignment questions and more than 3,000 end-of-chapter problems coded algorithmically.
The Wiley Advantage
• WileyPLUS is a research-based online environment for effective teaching and learning. Interactive study tools and resources–including the complete online textbook–give students more value for their money.
• Industry-leading support from WileyPLUS with ORION: Resources and personal support are available from the first day of class onward through technical support; WileyPLUS account managers; WileyPLUS with QuickStart; and WileyPLUS Student Partner Program.
• Relevant student study tools and learning resources: Ensures positive learning outcomes including: graphing and math Palette tutorial videos; interactive illustrations; calculus applets; and student practice activities.
• Technology Exercises: In the textbook, these exercises—marked with an icon for easy identification—are designed to be solved using either a graphing calculator or a computer algebra system such as Mathematics, Maple, or Derive.