1. Introduction to DNA Microarray Technology.
2. Image Analysis.
3. Basic Data Analysis.
4. Visualization by Reduction of Dimensionality.
5. Cluster Analysis.
6. Molecular Classifiers for Cancer.
7. Survival Analysis.
9. The Design of Probes.
10. Software Issues and Data Formats.
11. Breast Cancer.
14. Lung Cancer.
15. Bladder Cancer.
16. Colon Cancer.
17. Ovarian Cancer.
18. Prostate Cancer.
20. Brain Tumors.
21. Organ or Tissue Specific Classification.
22. Sample Collection and Stability.
- First book of its kind to deal with direct clinical application of microarray data to oncology diagnosis, leading to more effective diagnosis of and clearer treatment regimens for a wide range of human cancers
- Offers clinicians summary presentation of state-of-the-art science of DNA microarrays, but this can be skipped over to clinical application content
- Addresses the needs of end users — researchers and physicians -- using microarrays as a tool to be applied in common clinical situations
- Accessible without special training in statistics or bioinformatics
- Huge number of examples and mini-case studies throughout, illustrating both the scientific and research content as well as the clinical application of microarray data and analysis
- Clinical application content presented with all appropriate specifics of diagnosis and treatment for a broad range of cancers
- Each chapter includes Bibliographic and Further Reading suggestions