Cancer Reports Special Issue: Biostatistics in Oncology – Scope, Need and Challenges Call for papers
Guest Editor: Dr Atanu Bhattacharjee (Center for Cancer Epidemiology, Tata Memorial Centre, India)
Cancer Reports is delighted to invite you to submit papers for a Special Issue on Biostatistics in Oncology – Scope, Need and Challenges.The vision of this special issue is to highlight application and challenges in
Deadline for submissions:31st January 2019
The ultimate target in oncology research is to prolong the “overall survival duration” and the secondary endpoints like “response rates” or “progression free survival”. Biomarker detection to improve existing diagnostics tool, therapeutic enhancement through clinical-experimental trial and disease surveillance to explore sensitive factors are current practices to achieve the target. These practices are highly dependent on biostatistical methodology. The available and useful biostatistical methods are required to be merged with oncology research.
The vision of this special issue is to highlight application and challenges in statistical methodology for oncology research. It will cover the most important aspects of biostatistics for oncology. To do this, Cancer Reports is calling for papers for a Special Issue on Biostatistics in Oncology-Scope, Need and Challenges.
Cancer Reports is focused on basic, translational, clinical and interdisciplinary cancer research, thus topics covered in the Special Issue will include (but are not restricted to),
- Statistics in personalized medicine
- Methodological challenges for biomarker detection
- Survival analysis and beyond
- Challenges with joint longitudinal and survival analysis
- Missing data handling techniques
Manuscripts for this Special Issue will be:
- submitted through our online submission system;
- original research, review article, methods article or commentary
- pre-prints accepted if they are not submitted or published in another peer-reviewed journal
- rigorously peer reviewed as any other paper in Cancer Reports;
- clearly marked at submission by the authors as intended for the Special Issue on Biostatistics in Oncology – Scope, Need and Challenges
Please alert the editors of the Cancer Reports if you plan to submit a paper for this Special Issue.