Chapter 1 Molecular Biology of Cancer and Aging.
Chapter 2 What is Needed in Geriatric Oncology Aside from Treatment.
Chapter 3 Warning Signs of Cancer in Geriatric Dogs and Cats.
Chapter 4 Basic Types of Cancer and Biological Behavior.
Chapter 5 Generating the Diagnosis Part Three.
Chapter 6 Treating Cancer in Geriatric Patients.
6A Introduction to Cancer Care for Geriatrics.
6B Surgery for Geriatric Oncology Patients.
6C Chemotherapy for Geriatric Oncology Patients.
6D Adverse Effects From Chemotherapy.
6E Radiation Therapy for Geriatric Cancer Patients.
6F Immunotherapy, Vaccines, Gene Therapy.
6G Chemoprevention and Immunonutrition.
6H Integrative, Complimentary Medicine.
Chapter 7 Pain Control for the Geriatric Oncology Patient in Treatment.
Chapter 8 Decision Making with Advanced Stage Cancer and Recurrence.
Chapter 9 When and How to Decide That a Geriatric Cancer Patient is Terminal.
Chapter 10 Palliation and Pawspice Care.
Chapter 11 Euthanasia of the Geriatric Oncology Patient.
Appendix 1. Specific Tumor Protocols.
Appendix 2. Handouts for Clients.
Appendix 3. Cartoon Maps.
“A wealth of case histories. These are instructive and touching, demonstrating the value of an individualized approach to each patient and owner.” Compendium
- Focuses on the special needs of geriatric pets and their caregivers;
- Offers direction in the diagnosis and treatment of aging pets with cancer;
- Addresses many of the "what ifs" that arise in interactions with clients and aging pets with cancer;
- Amply illustrated with full color throughout;
- A valuable reference for practicing veterinarians, technicians, hospital staff, and professionals involved in supportive counseling for pet caregivers.