DescriptionFully revised and updated, the fourth edition of Cardiac Pacing and ICDs continues to be an accessible and practical clinical reference for residents, fellows, surgeons, nurses, PAs, and technicians.
The chapters are organized in the sequence of the evaluation of an actual patient, making it an effective practical guide. Revised chapters and updated artwork and tables plus a new chapter on cardiac resynchronization make the new edition an invaluable clinical resource.
· New chapter on Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
· Updated and better quality figures and tables
· Updated content based on ACC/AHA/NASPE guidelines
· Updated indications for ICD placement
· Updated information on ICD and pacemaker troubleshooting
Chapter 1: Indications for Permanent and Temporary Cardiac Pacing.
Pugazhendhi Vijayaraman, Robert W. Peters, and Kenneth A. Ellenbogen.
Chapter 2: Basic Concepts of Pacing.
G. Neal Kay.
Chapter 3: Hemodynamics of Cardiac Pacing.
Richard C. Wu and Dwight W. Reynolds.
Chapter 4: Temporary Cardiac Pacing.
Mark A. Wood and Kenneth A. Ellenbogen.
Chapter 5: Techniques of Pacemaker Implantation and Removal.
Jeffrey Brinker and Mark Midei.
Chapter 6: Pacemaker Timing Cycles.
David L. Hayes and Paul A. Levine.
Chapter 7: Evaluation and Management of Pacing System Malfunctions.
Paul A. Levine.
Chapter 8: The Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator.
Michael R. Gold.
Chapter 9: Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy.
Michael O. Sweeney.
Chapter 10: ICD Follow-up and Troubleshooting.
Henry F. Clemo and Mark A. Wood.
Chapter 11: Follow-up Assessments of the Pacemaker Patient.
Mark H. Schoenfeld and Mark L. Blitzer.
- New chapter on Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
- Updated and better quality figures and tables
- Updated content based on ACC/AHA/NASPE guidelines
- Updated indications for ICD placement
- Updated information on ICD and pacemaker troubleshooting