Chapter 1: Indications for Permanent and Temporary Cardiac Pacing.
Pugazhendhi Vijayaraman, Robert W. Peters, and Kenneth A. Ellenbogen.
Chapter 2: Basic Concepts of Pacing.
G. Neal Kay.
Chapter 3: Hemodynamics of Cardiac Pacing.
Richard C. Wu and Dwight W. Reynolds.
Chapter 4: Temporary Cardiac Pacing.
Mark A. Wood and Kenneth A. Ellenbogen.
Chapter 5: Techniques of Pacemaker Implantation and Removal.
Jeffrey Brinker and Mark Midei.
Chapter 6: Pacemaker Timing Cycles.
David L. Hayes and Paul A. Levine.
Chapter 7: Evaluation and Management of Pacing System Malfunctions.
Paul A. Levine.
Chapter 8: The Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator.
Michael R. Gold.
Chapter 9: Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy.
Michael O. Sweeney.
Chapter 10: ICD Follow-up and Troubleshooting.
Henry F. Clemo and Mark A. Wood.
Chapter 11: Follow-up Assessments of the Pacemaker Patient.
Mark H. Schoenfeld and Mark L. Blitzer.
- New chapter on Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
- Updated and better quality figures and tables
- Updated content based on ACC/AHA/NASPE guidelines
- Updated indications for ICD placement
- Updated information on ICD and pacemaker troubleshooting