About the Contributors.
1. Introduction (Ian Peate and Lisa Whiting).
2. Children and their Families (Lisa Whiting).
3. Communicating with Children and Families (Peter Vickers).
4. Working as a Member of the Child Health Team (Lisa Whiting and Ian Peate).
5. Health Promotion: A Child-centred Approach (Sue Miller).
6. Biological Aspects of Child Health Care (Pat Harwood).
7. Assessment and Monitoring of Children (Liz Gormley-Fleming).
8. The Importance of Play (Mary Donnelly and Julie Robinson)
9. Maintaining Safety (Cathy Cairns and Liz Gormley-Fleming).
10. Accident Prevention (Mary Donnelly and Billie Kell).
11. Safeguarding Children (Dee Harris and Helen Russell-Johnson).
12. Legal Concerns (Helen Russell-Johnson and Dee Harris).
13. Future Aspirations (Lyn Karstadt).
Glossary of Terms and Abbreviations.