An essential, up-to-date guide for catering students and professionals, Catering Management, Fourth Edition, covers all aspects of the business, (operations, sales and marketing to food and beverage service, menu planning and design, pricing, equipment, staff training, and more). The new edition is completely revised with information on sustainable and green catering practices, digital menu and proposal design, new catering industry software, and the expansion of the event market. State-of-the art marketing strategies, including social networking, web promotion, and on-demand proposal development, are also covered.
- Up-to-date information on menu design and pricing, new business development, and marketing analysis techniques, and sustainability.
- Expanded coverage of small business management, and tips for running a catering operation.
- New material on non-hotel catering operations.
- New tips for using your computer for menu design, food management, scheduling and invoicing.
- Emphasis in this edition is on providing operations guidelines to businesses that offer in-house catering and off-premise catering.
- The only book on the market to cover on- and off-premises catering
- Covers all the fundamentals, including styles of catering operations, menu design and pricing, food and beverage service, managing staff and equipment, and much more.
- This all-purpose guide offers essential management techniques to keep current practitioners on the cutting edge and expert advice to help kick-start aspiring caterers’ careers.