List of contributors.
1. Molecular mechanisms regulating actin filament dynamics at the leading edge of motile cells (Thomas D. Pollard).
2. The Role of Talin and Myosin VII in Adhesion – A FERM Connection (Margaret A. Titus).
3. Do class I myosins exert their functions through regulation of actin dynamics? (Thierry Soldati and Claudia Kistler).
4. Ephrin regulated contact repulsion of growth cones (Lene K. Harbott, Daniel J. Marston and Catherine D. Nobes).
5. Interplay between the actin cytoskeleton, focal adhesions, and microtubules (Christoph Ballestrem, Natalia Magid, Julia Zonis, Michael Shtutman, and Alexander Bershadsky).
6. Initial Steps from cell migration to cell-cell adhesion (Jason S. Ehrlich,W. James Nelson and Marc D. H. Hansen).
7. Using bioprobes to follow protein dynamics in living cells (Mark R. Holt, Daniel Y.H. Soong, James Monypenny, Ian M. Dobbie, Daniel Zicha and Graham A. Dunn).
8. Actin Filament Assembly: The Search for a Barbed End (Craig F. Stovold, Stewart J. Sharp and Laura M. Machesky).
9. Role of WASP family proteins in cytoskeletal reorganization and cell motility (Tadaomi Takenawa and Shiro Suetsugu).
10. Regulation and function of the small GTP-binding protein ARF6 in membrane dynamics (Thierry Dubois, Emma Colucci-Guyon, Florence Niedergang, Magali Prigent and Philippe Chavrier).
11. Chemotaxis of cancer cells during invasion and metastasis (John Condeelis, Xiaoyan Song, Jonathan M. Backer, Jeffrey Wyckoff and Jeffrey Segall).
12. Dynamin and cytoskeletal-dependent membrane processes (James D. Orth, Noah W. Gray, Heather M. Thompson and Mark A. McNiven).
13. Regulation of microtubule dynamics in migrating cells: a new role for Rho GTPases (Torsten Wittmann and Clare M. Waterman-Storer).
14. Calpain regulation of cell migration (Anna Huttenlocher).
15. Role of villin in the dynamics of actin microfilaments (Rafika Athman, Sylvie Robine and Daniel Louvard).
16. Scar, WASP and the Arp2/3 complex in dictyostelium migration (Simone Blagg and Robert Insall).
17. Directional sensing: subcellular targeting of GPCR downstream effectors during chemotaxis (Satoru Funamoto and Richard A. Firtel).
18. Cell crawling, cell behavior and biomechanics during convergence and extension (Ray Keller and Lance Davidson).
19. Regulation of cell migration in vitro and in vivo (Donna J. Webb, Karen Donais, Shin-ichi Murase, Hannelore Asmussen and Alan F. Horwitz).
20. Genes that control cell migration during mouse development (Carmen Birchmeier).
""...remarkably up to date...should prove an invaluable resource..."" (Nature Cell Biology, August 2004)