DescriptionWritten in a highly accessible style by a small distinguished team, this is a wide-ranging account of the whole subject of management development, underpinned by the most extensive data set ever made available.
List of Figures.
List of Tables.
About the Authors.
2. Models of Management Development.
3. The Historical Background.
4. National Management Development Systems.
5. Demand for Management Development.
6. Strategy, Structure and Responsibilities.
7. Management Development Procedures and Processes.
8. Management Development: Amount and Methods.
9. The Impact of Management Development.
10. Managerial Careers in Relation to Development.
11. Management Development in Small Businesses.
Bibliography and References.
--Cary L Cooper, Manchester School of Management
- Provides the most up-to-date analysis of the current state of management development and the most wide-ranging review of the field to date.
- Written by a prominent team of academics in a clear and accessible style.
- Based on the most extensive survey work ever carried out.