1. Characterising Particle Properties.
2. Powder Mechanics and Rheology.
3. Characterisation for Hopper and Stockpile Design.
4. Fluidisation Behaviour.
5. Characterisation for Pneumatic Conveyor Design.
7. “Designer” Particle Characteristics.
8. Current Industrial Practice.
9. Future Trends
"The book covers the fundamental characteristics of individual particles and bulk particulate materials, including particle size, shape and density, bulk density, fluidisation behaviour, flow properties, and the characterization of powders for explosion potential. Measurement techniques are described, and the use of material characteristics in design and industrial practice is discussed." (CAB Abstracts)
* Brings non-experts up-to-speed quickly, comprehensively and economically, providing new entrants to industry with a firm understanding of the importance, techniques and industrial applications of powder and bulk solids characterisation
* Shows how particulate properties govern bulk material properties, and how characterisation of these particulate properties leads to improved control over powder based industrial processes.* Provides detailed guidance on designing and problem solving in industrial powder based processes