DescriptionCarbodiimides play an important role as condensation agents in the synthesis of polypeptides, polynucleotides, polysaccharides and numerous other chemical transformations.
Chemistry and Technology of Carbodiimides is the first book to examine both the chemistry and technology of carbodiimides. This book provides a comprehensive and in-depth coverage of the synthesis and reactions of this industrially important class of chemicals while focusing on industrial applications, including the $M-sectors of biochemical synthesis, pharmaceuticals, polymers, ceramics, and herbicides. Written by a well-known authority in the field this book will prove a valuable reference tool for anyone working in this area of chemistry.
1. General Introduction.
2. Alkyl and Arylcarbodiimides.
3. Unsaturated Carbodiimides.
4. Halogenated Carbodiimides.
5. Acyl-, Thioacyl- and Imidoylcarbodiimides.
6. Silicon Substituted Carbodiimides.
7. Nitrogen Substituted Carbodiimides.
8. Phosphorus Substituted Carbodiimides.
9.Sulfur Substituted Carbodiimides.
10. Metal Substituted Carbodiimides.
11. Cyclic Carbodiimides.
12. Polymeric Carbodiimides.
13. Applications of Carbodiimides.