Introduction: What is Social Development: Craig, W. M.
Part I: Social Relationships:.
1. Attachments: Infant-Mother Attachement: Ainsworth, M. D. S.
2. Parenting: Supportive Parenting, Ecological Context, and children's Adjustment: A Seven Year Longitudinal Study: Pettit, B. S. Bates, J.E & Dodge, K. A.
3. Friendships: The Company They Keep: Friendships and Their Developmental Significance: Hartup, W.
4. Peer Relations Preadolescent Friendship and Peer Rejection as Predictors of Adult Adjustment: Bagwell, C.L., Newcomb, A. F., & Bukowski, W. M.
Part II: The School Context:.
5. Bullying and Victimization: Observations of Bullying and Victimization on the Schoolyard: Craig, W. & Pepler, D. J.
6. Friendship and School Adjustment: Friendship Quality as a Predictor of Young Children's Early School Adjustment: Ladd, G., Kochenderfer, B. & Coleman, B.
7. Extracurricular Activities: Do Extra Curricular Activities Protect Against Early School Drop Out?: Mahoney, J. L. & Cairns, R. B.
Part III: Gender Identity, The Self, and Moral Development:.
8. Gender Differences: Gender and Relationships: Maccoby, E. E.
9. Self Concept: Structure, Stability, and Development of Young Children's Self Concepts: A Multicohort Multioccasion Study: Marsh, H. W., Craven, R., & Debus, R.
10. Moral Reasoning: Children's Reasoning about Interpersonal and Moral Conflicts: Smetana, J. G. Killen, M. & Turiel, E.
Part IV: Aggression:.
11. Forms of Aggression: Engagement in Gender Normative Versus Nonnormative Forms of Agression: Links to Social-Psychological Adjustment: Crick, N. R.
12. Development of Antisocial Behavior: A Developmental Perspective on Antisocial Behaviour: Patterson, G. R., Debaryshe, B. & Ramsey, E.
13. Prevention of Conduct Disorders: The Role of Social Context in The Prevention of Conduct Disorder: Coie, J. D. & Jacobs, M. R.