Part 1: Mapping the Terrain:.
1. Christian Theology and Christian Faith.
2. Christian Theology: Some Important Qualities.
Part II: Handling the Building Blocks:.
3. Language and Experience.
4. The Bible.
5. History and Tradition.
6. Society and Culture.
Part III: Developing Necessary Skills:.
7. Doctrine: The Shape of Christian Theology.
8. Interpretation: The Task of Christian Theology.
Part IV: Looking Around, Past and Present:.
9. Recurrent Themes in Christian Theology.
10. Contemporary Issues. Conclusion: The Ever-widening Ripple.
Suggestions for Further Reading.
* Clearly structured, it guides students through the basic elements of theology and demonstrates its relevance to contemporary issues.
* The text has a practical orientation, encouraging students to think theologically and to develop theological arguments.