PART I: Professions and Professionals in Turmoil.
1. If Something Can Change, It Will
Strategic Factors in a New Environment.
PART II: Clients—Who They Are and How to Find Them.
2. What a Client Really Wants
Listening to the Client for Fun and Profit.
3. Are We a Client-centric Firm Yet?
Organizing to Meet Client Needs.
4. Now, Here’s My Plan . . .
Defining the Right Client for You.
PART III: Making Your Vision a Reality.
5. I Can See Your Future from Here
Vision? A Working Tool?
6. Seizing Those Opportunities
Making the Vision a Reality.
7. Making Marketing a Nice Word
Building a Client-centric Marketing Culture.
8. It’s the End Game that Counts
Contact—Turning the Prospect into a Client.
PART IV: Marketing Tools and How to Use Them.
9. Hang High the Rafters, Carpenter
The Tools of Marketing that Build the Marketing Program.
PART V: Managing the Client-centric Firm.
10. Turning Recipes into Cakes
Managing for Results.
11. Who’s at the Helm and Who’s on the Bridge
Firm Governace and Structure.
12. Holding a Handful of Mercury
Managing the Knowledge Worker for the One-Firm Firm.
13. For Love or Money—or Both
Paying for Performance.
14. Didn’t We Tell You What We’re Doing?
Internal Communications—Let Me Count the Ways.
PART VI: Economics in the Client-centric Firm.
15. A Farthing for Your Goat
Pricing in a Client-centric Firm.
16. What Did I Get for My Money?
Measuring the Marketing ROI.
17. Cash Is King
What’s the Lifetime Value of Your Clients and the Financial Health of Your Firm?
PART VII: What Will We Do Tomorrow?
18. The Future for Professional Services
Are We There Yet?
Appendix A: The Balanced Scorecard.
The Balanced Scorecard—Financial Measures.
The Balanced Scorecard—Client Measures.
The Balanced Scorecard—Internal Business Process Measures.
The Balanced Scorecard—Marketing Measures.
The Balanced Scorecard—Employee Growth and the Learning Measures.
Appendix B: Managing the Knowledge Worker.
Take the Pulse of Your Staff.
Career Advancement Opportunities.
Appendix C: Pricing in a Client-centric Firm.
Analyzing Price Sensitivity.
Appendix D: Accounting and Law Firm Benchmarks.
Accounting Firm Benchmarks.
Bibliography and References.