Chapter 1 Introduction.
Chapter 2 Respiratory Assessment.
Chapter 3 Respiratory Monitoring.
Chapter 4 Cardiovascular Assessment.
Chapter 5 Cardiovascular Monitoring.
Chapter 6 Neurological Assessment.
Chapter 7 Acute Neurological Assessment and Monitoring.
Chapter 8 Gastro-intestinal System and Abdomen.
Chapter 9 Nutrition.
Chapter 10 Fluid and Electrolytes.
Chapter 11 Head and Neck.
Chapter 12 Musculoskeletal Assessment.
Chapter 13 Temperature Monitoring.
Chapter 14 Comfort and Hygiene
* Explores assessment and monitoring of children from 0 – 16 years
* Assumes no prior knowledge
* Provides knowledge and skills needed to underpin decision-making and provide effective evidence-based care
* Draws upon National Service Frameworks and clinical practice guidelines
* Includes case studies and hints on trouble-shooting