EDITORS’ NOTES 5Heidi Levine, Susan R. Stock
1. Common Mental Health Issues 9
Susan R. Stock, Heidi Levine
This chapter summarizes and explains, in layperson’s terms, mental health concerns that may arise on campus.
2. Emerging Issues and Models in College Mental Health Services 19
Ben Locke, David Wallace, Jon Brunner
This chapter reviews mental health concerns of college students in general as well as those who seek services on campus. A discussion of models of campus mental health service provision is also included.
3. Mental Health Concerns of Students on the Autism Spectrum 31
Jane Thierfeld Brown, Lisa Meeks, Michelle Rigler
Mental health concerns of students on the Autism Spectrum are discussed, including support and intervention ideas for several types of student service departments.
4. Mental Health and Military-Connected Students on Campus: Culture, Challenges, and Success 41
Ted C. Bonar
This chapter describes mental health challenges and strengths of veterans and other military-connected students, highlighted with brief student scenarios, and provides suggestions for campus intervention and support.
5. International Student Mental Health 53
Susan L. Prieto-Welch
This chapter offers an overview of international students’ acculturation experiences and related mental health issues.
6. Mental Health and Students at Risk 65
Alan B. Goodwin
The author discusses recent legal decisions and federal mandates pertaining to students who are potential dangers to self and others.
7. Mental Health Aspects of Responding to Campus Crises 77
Christopher Flynn, Micky M. Sharma
The authors draw from campus experiences and relevant professional literature to provide guidance regarding large-scale crisis response.
8. Promoting Resilience, Retention, and Mental Health 87
Daniel Eisenberg, Sarah Ketchen Lipson, Julie Posselt
This chapter explores the intersections among resilience, retention, and mental health on campus and offers strategies for effective practice.
9. Anticipating the Future of Mental Health Needs on Campus 97
Robert A. Bonfiglio
A senior student affairs professional presents his perspectives on the future challenges of meeting campus mental health needs.