Color Drawing: Design Drawing Skills and Techniques for Architects, Landscape Architects, and Interior Designers, 3rd Edition
DescriptionThe Third Edition of Michael Doyle's classic Color Drawing remains the ultimate up-to-date resource for professionals and students who need to develop and communicate design ideas with clear, attractive, impressive color drawings.
Update with over 100 pages, this Third Edition contains an entirely new section focused on state-of-the-art digital techniques to greatly enhance the sophistication of presentation drawings, and offers new and innovative ideas for the reproduction and distribution of finished drawings. Color Drawing, Third Edition Features:
* A complete body of illustrated instructions demonstrating drawing development from initial concept through final presentation
* Finely honed explanations of each technique and process
* Faster and easier ways to create design drawings
* Over 100 new pages demonstrating methods for combining hand-drawn and computer-generated drawing techniques
Step-by-step, easy-to-follow images will lead you through digital techniques to quickly and easily enhance your presentation drawings.
PART I. COLOR DRAWING FOR COMMUNICATION.
1. Initial Considerations.
2. Media and Paper.
4. Elements, Materials, and Finishes.
5. Scale Elements: Figures and Automobiles.
PART II. COLOR DRAWING FOR PRESENTATION.
6. Color and Composition in Illustration.
7. Approaches to Creating Color Design Drawings.
8. Digital Color Drawing.
- Fully-updated with new technologies and techniques.
- Includes computer techniques with emphasis on the use of Photoshop.
- 30% new/revised material.
- Addresses new trends in inter- and intra-office design team working dynamics as they relate to the production of deliverables
- Offers unparalleled breadth and depth of coverage of the use of color in contemporary environmental design communication.
- Full color throughout provides a rich visual resource.
- Content builds from simple, easy-to-grasp concepts to step-by-step execution of complex illustrations.
- A complete body of illustrated instruction that demonstrates the development of design ides from initial concept through presentation drawing.
- Finely honed explanations of each technique and process
- Shows methods for combining hand-drawn and computer-generated drawing techniques