1. Commercial Management – Defining a Discipline (David Lowe and Roine Leiringer).
PART 1: EXTERNAL MILIEU.
Introduction to Part 1 (David Lowe and Roine Leiringer).
2. Competition (Headley Smyth).
3. Culture (Richard Fellows).
4. Procurement in the Context of Commercial Management (David Langford and Mike Murray).
PART 2: CORPORATE MILIEU.
Introduction to Part 2 (David Lowe and Roine Leiringer).
5. Corporate Governance and Shareholder Value (Marc Goergen and Luc Renneboog).
6. Strategies for Solutions (Andrew Davies and Michael Hobday).
7. The Effectiveness of Marketing Spend (Christopher Preece, Kristen Moodley and Michael Brown).
8. Trust and Commercial Managers: Influences and Impacts (Will Swan, Peter McDermott and Malik Khalfan).
9. Outsourcing (Jan Bröchner).
PART 3: PROJECTS MILIEU.
Introduction to Part 3 (David Lowe and Roine Leiringer).
10. Management of Uncertainty (Kalle Kähkönen).
11. Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution (Peter Fenn).
12. Performance Measurement (Malcolm Horner).
13. Value Management of Complex Projects (John Kelly).
PART 4: PROJECT MILIEU.
Introduction to Part 4 (David Lowe and Roine Leiringer).
14. The Governance of Project Coalitions - Towards a Research Agenda (Graham M. Winch).
15. Contract Management (Will Hughes).
16. Bidding (David Lowe and Martin Skitmore).
17. Strategic Purchasing and Supply Chain Management in the Project Environment - Theory and Practice (Andrew Cox and Paul Ireland).
18. Signals from site - Embodied Logic and Management Accounting on Construction Projects (Andrew Ross and David Hugill).
19. Afterword - Identifying and Defining a New Inter-Disciplinary Research Agenda for Commercial Management (David Lowe).
'A very valuable read. I can recommend the book for everyone interested in getting a current view of the discipline of commercial management' CME Jan 2007
- presents current state of knowledge on commercial management
- brings together contributions from leading academics in the field
- includes examples and illustrations from a variety of industries , both public and private