DescriptionThis is the first book to provide comprehensive coverage of the communication impairments that occur in association with the two most common forms of childhood cancer, namely leukaemia and brain tumour. Contents ? Major childhood cancers: leukaemia and brain tumour ? Effects of treatment for paediatric cancer on brain structure and function ? Language disorders in children treated for brain tumours ? Language recovery following treatment for paediatric brain tumours ? Variability in patterns of language impairment in children following treatment for posterior fossa tumour ? Language disorders in children treated for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia ? Discourse abilities of children treated for neoplastic conditions ? Motor speech disorders in children treated for brain tumour ? Assessment and treatment of speech and language disorders occuring subsequent to cancer therapy in childhood
2. Effects of treatment for Paediatric Cancer on Brain Structure and Function.
3. Language disorders in Children Treated for Brain Tumours.
4. Language Recovery Following treatment for Paediatric Brain Tumours.
5. Variability in Patterns of Language impairment in Children Following Treatment for Posterior Fossa Tumour.
6.language Disorders in Children Treated for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia.
7. Discourse Abilities of Children Treated for Neoplastic Conditions.
8. Motor speech Disorders in Children Treated for Brain Tumour.
9. Assessment and treatment of Speech and Language Disorders Occuring Subsequent to Cancer therapy in Childhood.