Communication and Control in Electric Power Systems: Applications of Parallel and Distributed Processing
DescriptionThe first extensive reference on these important techniques
The restructuring of the electric utility industry has created the need for a mechanism that can effectively coordinate the various entities in a power market, enabling them to communicate efficiently and perform at an optimal level. Communication and Control in Electric Power Systems, the first resource to address its subject in an extended format, introduces parallel and distributed processing techniques as a compelling solution to this critical problem.
Drawing on their years of experience in the industry, Mohammad Shahidehpour and Yaoyu Wang deliver comprehensive coverage of parallel and distributed processing techniques with a focus on power system optimization, control, and communication. The authors begin with theoretical background and an overview of the increasingly deregulated power market, then move quickly into the practical applications and implementations of these pivotal techniques.
- Integrated Control Center Information
- Parallel and Distributed Computation of Power Systems
- Common Information Model and Middleware for Integration
- Online Distributed Security Assessment and Control
- Integration, Control, and Operation of Distributed Generation
- Agent Theory and Power Systems Management
- e-Commerce of Electricity
2. Parallel and Distributed Processing of Power Systems.
3. Information System for Control Centers.
4. Common Information Model and Middleware for Integration.
5. Parallel and Distributed Load Flow Computation.
6. Parallel and Distributed Load Flow of Distribution Systems.
7. Parallel and Distributed State Estimation.
8. Distributed Power System Security Analysis.
9. Hierarchical and Distributed Control of Voltage/VAR.
10. Transmission Congestion Management Based on Multi-Agent Theory.
11. Integration, Control, and Operation of Distributed Generation.
12. Special Topics in Power System Information System.
Appendix A. Example System Data.
Appendix B. Measurement Data for Distributed State Estimation.
Appendix C. IEEE-30 Bus System Data.
Appendix D. Acronyms.