Chapter 1. Community Palliative Care: the team.
Chapter 2. The Role of the Community Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Section two: Patients.
Chapter 3. Living with a Life Threatening Illness.
Chapter 4. Life at Home.
Chapter 5. Dying at Home.
Section three: Carers.
Chapter 6. What do Carers do?.
Chapter 7. Hearing the Pain of the Carer.
Chapter 8. Death and Bereavement.
"Case histories help the reader to relate to people in real situations and think about the palliative care strategies they would use in their own practice. Each chapter has a key points box and links to resources for further information." (Nursing Standard, May 2010)
- Contains illustrative case studies
- Essential for professional development
- Evidence-based with current referencing
- Examines the role of the specialist
- Discusses the psychosocial support of the patient
- Identifies the needs of the family