CompTIA Security+ Deluxe Study Guide Recommended Courseware: Exam SY0-301
DescriptionGet a host of extras with this Deluxe version including a Security Administration Simulator!
Prepare for CompTIA's new Security+ exam SY0-301 with this Deluxe Edition of our popular CompTIA Security+ Study Guide, 5th Edition. In addition to the 100% coverage of all exam essentials and study tools you'll find in the regular study guide, the Deluxe Edition gives you over additional hands-on lab exercises and study tools, three additional practice exams, author videos, and the exclusive Security Administration simulator. This book is a CompTIA Recommended product.
- Provides 100% coverage of all exam objectives for Security+ exam SY0-301 including:
- Network security
- Compliance and operational security
- Threats and vulnerabilities
- Application, data and host security
- Access control and identity management
- Features Deluxe-Edition-only additional practice exams, value-added hands-on lab exercises and study tools, and exclusive Security Administrator simulations, so you can practice in a real-world environment
- Covers key topics such as general security concepts, communication and infrastructure security, the basics of cryptography, operational security, and more
- Shows you pages of practical examples and offers insights drawn from the real world
Get deluxe preparation, pass the exam, and jump-start your career. It all starts with CompTIA Security+ Deluxe Study Guide, 2nd Edition.
Assessment Test l
Chapter 1 Measuring and Weighing Risk 1
Chapter 2 Infrastructure and Connectivity 27
Chapter 3 Protecting Networks 81
Chapter 4 Threats and Vulnerabilities 121
Chapter 5 Access Control and Identity Management 175
Chapter 6 Educating and Protecting the User 207
Chapter 7 Operating System and Application Security 245
Chapter 8 Cryptography Basics 291
Chapter 9 Cryptography Implementation 339
Chapter 10 Physical and Hardware-Based Security 375
Chapter 11 Security and Vulnerability in the Network 401
Chapter 12 Wireless Networking Security 429
Chapter 13 Disaster Recovery and Incident Response 455
Chapter 14 Security-Related Policies and Procedures 499
Chapter 15 Security Administration 529
Appendix A About the Companion CD 567
|2||37||Text correction: Typographical Error|
"UPD ports" at the end of the last sentence before the Exercise should read:
|5||195||Text correction: Typographical Error|
In the first sentence of the last paragraph on the page, "BPN" should be "VPN"
|12||436||Text correction: Error in Figure 12.6|
"WDP" is represented twice in the diagram. The first (top) instance of "WDP" should show "WTP". In order from the top, the layers should read WSP, WTP, WTLS, WDP.