2. Anatomy of Reproductive Organs|.
3.1. Introduction to Histology, Cellular and Molecular Biology.
3.2. Overview of Male Reproductive Organs.
3.3. Comparative Histology and Subcellular Structures of Mammalian Spermatogenesis and.
3.4. Overview of Female Reproductive Organs.
4. Comparative Reproductive Physiology of Domestic Animals.
5. Transgenic Animals.
6. Gender Selection in Mammalian Semen and Pre-implantation Embryos.
7. Artificial Insemination.
8. Embryo Transfer and In Vitro Fertilization.
9. The Comparative Cryobiology of Preimplantation Embryos from Domestic Animals.
10. Animal Cloning.
11. Introductory Chapter on Comparative Placentation.
12. Comparative Placentation.
13.1. Pregnancy Diagnosis in the Mare.
13.2. Bovine Pregnancy Diagnosis.
13.3. Pregnancy Diagnosis in Swine.
13.4. Pregnancy Diagnosis in the Ewe.
13.5. Canine and Feline Pregnancy Diagnosis.
14. Ultrasonography in Small Ruminant Reproduction
“Fortunate collaboration of authors with complimentary backgrounds… The book contains numerous beautiful and highly detailed hand drawn illustrations of comparative anatomy and placentation. Despite [the] broad approach, there is an abundance of detailed information in many chapers that can be difficult to find in one place.... an essential reference for veterinarians, graduate students, and scientists working or teaching in the field.” - Interface
“It clearly acheives [its] goal, particularly with its chapters on the different types of assisted reproductive technology. Overall, [this book] will serve as a useful resource for veterinary institutions and research facilities.” - Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science
- Comprehensive reference of the reproductive systems of domestic species
- Written by a team of top researchers
- Richly illustrated throughout, including 12 pages of color images