DescriptionA comprehensive guide to what’s what and what works in complementary medicine, this expert guide cuts through the jargon and gives you the facts about the alternatives. Whether you are interested in maintaining your general well-being or relieving the symptoms of a specific complaint, this book outlines all of the therapies available to you – from acupuncture through healing foods to yoga and massage - and tells you what each treatment is most effective for, how to go about finding a practitioner and what to expect from a consultation.
Topics covered in Complementary Medicine For Dummies include:
- Old Dogs – New Tricks: From Ancient Roots to Modern Practice
- Turning to the Pros for Your Health Diagnosis
- Reading the Body (Self-Diagnosis)
- Uncovering Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Revealing Ayurveda’s ‘Science of Life’
- Balancing Health With Tibetan Medicine
- Purifying the Body with Japanese Medicine
- Dipping Your Toes Into Nature Cure
- Getting to the Point of Acupuncture
- Homing in on Homeopathy
- Unearthing Herbal Medicine
- Nibbling on Nutritional Medicine
- Diving into Naturopathy
- Opening Up with Osteopathy
- Getting to the Crunch with Chiropractic
- Moving with Bodywork Therapies
- Enjoying Massage Therapies
- Relaxing with Breathing, Relaxation, and Meditation
- Scenting Out Aromatherapy and Flower and Tree Remedies
- Connecting with Healing Therapies
- Getting Your Head Around Psychological Therapies
- Feeling the Buss of Energy Medicine
- Having a Go with Creative Therapies
- Ten Complementary Medicine Tips for Healthy Living
- Ten Superfoods for Great Health
- Ten Great Herbal Remedies
- Appendix A: A-Z of Therapies
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Complementary Medicine For Dummies
Children's Health For Dummies (Paperback $27.50)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
PART I: FINDING OUT ABOUT COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE.
Chapter 1. Understanding Complementary Medicine.
Chapter 2. Diagnosing in Complementary Medicine.
Chapter 3. Reading Your Body.
PART II: EXPLORING TRADITIONAL HEALING SYSTEMS.
Chapter 4. Uncovering Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
Chapter 5. Revealing Ayurveda's Science of Life.
Chapter 6. Balancing Health with Tibetan Medicine.
Chapter 7. Exploring Japanese Medicine.
Chapter 8. Dipping Y our Toes into Nature Cure.
PART III: USING POPULAER COMPELEMTARY THERIAPIES.
Chapter 9. Getting to the Point of Acupuncture.
Chapter 10. Homing In on Homeopathy.
Chapter 11. Unearthing Herbal Medicine.
Chapter 12. Nibbling on Nutritional Therapy.
Chapter 13. Diving into Naturopathy.
PART IV: TREATING YOUR BODY.
Chapter 14. Opening Up with Osteopathy.
Chapter 15. Getting to the Crunch with Chiropractic.
Chapter 16. Moving with Bodywork Therapies.
Chapter 17. Enjoying Message Therapies.
PART V: HEALING YOUR MIND AND SPIRIT.
Chapter 18. Calming Down with Breathing, Meditation, and Relaxation Therapies.
Chapter 19. Scenting Out Aromatherapy.
Chapter 20. Connecting with Healing Therapies.
Chapter 21.Getting Your Head Around Psychological Therapies.
Chapter 22. Feeling the Buzz of Energy Medicine.
Chapter 23. Having a Go with Creative Therapies.
PART IV: THE PART OF TENS.
Chapter 24. Ten Complementary Medicine Tips for Health Living.
Chapter 25. Ten Superfoods for Great Health.
Chapter 26. Ten Great Herbal remedies.
Appendix: An A-Z Guide to Complementary Therapies.
""The book provides a comprehensive guide to pretty much every aspect of complementary medicine from ancient to modern."" (Women's Fitness, December 2007)