Comprehensive Handbook of Personality and Psychopathology , Volume 1 , Personality and Everyday Functioning
DescriptionPersonality and Everyday Functioning covers the foundations of personality theory and the impact of personality on normal functioning. Leading personality researchers present chapters on major theories of personality, such as psychoanalytic, developmental, behavioral, and constructivist, to name a few.
Preface to Volume 1.
PART 1: FOUNDATIONS.
1. Goals of a Theory of Personality (T. Millon & S. Grossman).
2. Dynamics of Individual Relations in Human Development: A Developmental Systems Perspective (R. Lerner, et al.).
3. Culture, Personality, and People's Uses of Time: Key Interrelationships (R. Brislin & K. Lo).
PART 2: BROAD RANGE THEORIES AND SYSTEMS.
4. Psychodynamic Theories of Personality and Psychopathology (D. Wolitzky).
5. Trait and Factor Theories (P. Costa & R. McCrae).
6. Developmental Stage Theories (B. Hayslip, et al.).
7. Behavioral Theories (M. Bolling, et al.).
8. Evolutionary Theories (D. Beaulieu & D. Bugental).
9. Cognitive Theories (D. Dozois, et al.).
10. Existential and Humanistic Theories (P. Wong).
11. Constructivist Theories (J. Raskin).
PART 3: MID-RANGE THEORIES.
12. Role Motivation Theories (J. Miner).
13. Vocational Interests (K. Low & J. Rounds).
14. Positive and Negative Affect: Bridging State and Traits (P. Silvia & J. Warburton).
15. Explanatory Style and Well-Being (D. Wise & J. Rosqvist).
16. Hardiness: The Courage to Be Resilient (S. Maddi).
17. Sensation Seeking, Risk Taking, and Fearlessness (G. Arnaut).
18. Personality and the Transformational Leader (R. Aditya).
19. Person-Environment Fit and Performance (J. Binning, et al.).
20. "Sub-Clinical" Psychopaths (J. LeBreton, et al.).
21. Gender, Personality, and Psychopathology (P. Williams & H. Gunn).
22. Organizational Climate, Personality Interactions, and Organizational Behavior (D. Svyantek & J. Bott).
23. A Classification of DSM-IV-TR Mental Disorders According to their Relation to the Personality System (J. Mayer).