Comprehensive Handbook of Social Work and Social Welfare, Volume 4, Social Policy and Policy Practice
DescriptionComprehensive Handbook of Social Work and Social Welfare, Volume 4: The Profession of Social Work features contributions from leading international researchers and practitioners and presents the most comprehensive, in-depth source of information on the field of social work and social welfare.
This item: Comprehensive Handbook of Social Work and Social Welfare, Volume 4, Social Policy and Policy Practice
Karen M. Sowers.
Catherine N. Dulmus.
Ira C. Colby.
Section I. Policy And Justice: A Global Imperative.
1. The Human Security Paradigm: Peace with Justice and Equality?
2. Social Policy from a Global Perspective.
Robin Sakina Mama.
3. Social Justice for Marginalized and Disadvantaged Groups: Issues and Challenges for Social Policies in Asia.
Section II. The Context of Policy: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
4. Reconceptualizing the Evolution of the American Welfare State.
5. Not by the Numbers Alone: The Effects of Economic and Demographic Changes on Social Policy.
6. The U.S. Patriot Act: Implications for the Social Work Profession.
7. Social Welfare Policy as a Form of Social Justice.
Ira C. Colby.
Section III. Policy Practice.
8. Policy Practice.
9. New Federalism, New Freedom and States Rights: The Uncertain and Fragmented Direction of Public Mental Health Policy in the United States.
10. Aging in the Challenges to Social Policy and Policy Practice.
Inid Opal Cox.
11. Explanatory Legitimacy: A Model for Disability Policy Development and Analysis.
Stephen French Gilson.
12. Health Care Policy: Should Change Be Small or Large.
13. Social Determinants of Health: 21st Century Social Work Priorities.
14. Urban Housing Policy and Practice in the Developing World.
15. Child Welfare Policy.
Richard J. Gelles.
Carol Wilson Spigner.
16. Public Funding of Sectarian Organizations for the Provision of HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care: Discriminatory Issues for Gay Males.
Sophia F. Dziegielewski.
Christopher W. Blackwell.
Section IV. Policy Formulation and Possibilities.
17. Social Welfare Policy and Politics.
18. Social Welfare and Economics: Redefining the Welfare State in a Global Economy.
Peter A. Kindle.
19. Digital Technology and Social Policy: Social Justice in a World of Anywhere Access?
20. Welfare Reform: The Need for Social Empathy.
Elizabeth A. Segal.