4. Quality Television.
6.Television, Politics, and Impartiality.
7. Offensive Television.
8. Children, Regulation, and the 'Effects' of Television.
9. Television's Uncertain Future.
Postscript: "Don't Ask What does People Harm. Ask what Does Them Good".
- Written clearly and simply, and devoid of jargon
- Covers both the empirical and theoretical ground in a lively manner
- Unlike most books on the television audience, this volume looks at the programmes themselves, as well as the production process (including policies which affect television production)