Boone, Kurtz, and Berston’s, Contemporary Business, 17th Edition, delivers solutions at the speed of business to stimulate curiosity, show relevance, promote creativity, and prepare students for what’s ahead in their academic and business careers. With thoroughly revised cases, fresh, current examples, and an updated video series, the 17th Edition provides insights into the many facets of business that contribute to the dynamic, ever changing world of work.
1: The Changing Face of Business
2: Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
3: Economic Challenges Facing Contemporary Business
4: Competing in World Markets
5: Forms of Business Ownership and Organization
6: Starting Your Own Business: The Entrepreneurship Alternative
7: Management, Leadership, and the Internal Organization
8: Human Resource Management: From Recruitment to Labor Relations
9: Top Performance through Empowerment, Teamwork, and Communication
10: Production and Operations Management
11: Customer-Driven Marketing
12: Product and Distribution Strategies
13: Promotion and Pricing Strategies
14: Using Technology to Manage Information
15: Understanding Accounting and Financial Statements
16: The Financial System
17: Financial Management
18: Trends in E-Business(Online Only)
- NEW Job DNA boxes describe the responsibilities, requirements, and outlook for certain careers for business majors. Examples: fundraiser, corporate communications specialist, marketing researcher, accountant, investment banker, etc.
- NEW Industry Insider chapter opening vignette highlights business leaders within growth industries.
- NEW EcoBiz feature highlights new and insightful ways companies are conducting business in a sustainable manner.
- NEW Business & Information Technology feature highlights the intersection between business and technology for companies across many industries.
- NEW Judgement Call feature highlights business scenarios and ethical dilemmans where students are asked to consider what is appropriate.
- Revised End of Chapter cases – Shinola, Yelp. SoFi, Heinz-Kraft merger, and tax implications for the internet of things.
- Revised End of Chapter case videos – Timberland, Necco, Zipcar, Trip Advisor
- Increased Focus on Career-Readiness – the addition of Job DNA boxes, career-coaching videos, InsideTrack, CareerShift, and an ePortfolio guide equips students for important decisions.
WileyPLUS Learning Space: WileyPLUS Learning Space is an easy way for students to learn, collaborate, and grow. With WileyPLUS Learning Space, students create a personalized study plan, assess progress along the way, and make deeper connections as they interact with the course material and each other.
Through a combination of dynamic course materials and visual reports, this collaborative learning environment gives you and your students immediate insight into strengths and problem areas in order to act on what’s most important.