Notes on Contributors.
Introduction: Virtuous Disagreements in Social Philosophy.
Part I: Equality:.
1. Freedom and Money: G. A. Cohen (University of Oxford).
2. The Meanings of Freedom: Leif Wenar (University of Sheffield).
Part II: The Family:.
3. The Good and Bad Family: Rosalind Hursthouse (University of Auckland).
4. Family Resemblances: Elizabeth F. Cohen (Syracuse University).
Part III: Sexual Rights:.
5. Homosexuality, Harm, and Moral Principles: John Corvino (Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan).
6. Homosexual Acts, Morality, and Public Discourse: Christopher Wolfe (Marquette University).
Part IV: Abortion And The Limits Of Freedom:.
7. The Fetus in Perspective: The Moral and the Legal: Anne Fagot-Largeault (College of France).
8. Abortion and Moral Repugnancy: Laurence Thomas (Syracuse University).
Part V: Privacy:.
9. Privacy: John Deigh (University of Texas at Austin).
10. Privacy’s Value: Terrance McConnell (University of North Carolina at Greensboro).
Part VI: Religious Tolerance:.
11. In Defense of Religious Toleration: Philip L. Quinn (deceased).
12. Does Religious Toleration Make Any Sense?: Thomas Christiano (University of Arizona).
Part VII: Diversity:.
13. Ethnicity, Disunity, and Equality: Lawrence Blum (University of Massachusetts, Boston).
14. Diversity Limited: David Benatar (University of Cape Town, South Africa).
Part VIII: Racial Integration:.
15. The Future of Racial Integration: Elizabeth Anderson (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor).
16. When Turnabout Is Not Fair Play: Carl Cohen (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor).
Part IX: Scarce Resources:.
17. Moral Issues in Rationing Scarce Resources: F. M. Kamm (Harvard University).
18. Locke’s Defense of Preferential Treatment: Bernard R. Boxill (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill).
Part X: Violence:.
19. Psychological Violence and Institutional Racism: The Moral Responsibility of Bystanders: Howard McGary (Rutgers University, New Brunswick).
20. McGary’s Striking Claim and the Roles of Self-Deception, Acquiescence, and Complicity: B.C. Postow (University of Tennessee).