2. Religious Practices and Pictures of Reality.
3. Divine Power.
4. Materialism, Positivism, and God.
5. Divine Intelligence and the Structure of the Cosmos.
6. The Transcendence of the Sacred.
7. God, Values, and Pluralism.
8. Evidence, Experience, and God.
9. The Problem of Evil and the Prospects of Good.
10. Theism and Naturalism.
"Taliafero’s book combines a staggering breadth of research with a careful attention to organization and development the result is an extremely helpful map of the conceptual landscape in contemporary philosophy of religion." Patricia Sayre, Saint Mary’s College
"Taliafero has written a lively, engaging introduction to contemporary philosophy of religion. It combines current ‘front-burner’ issues with a solid background of traditional themes, and incorporates welcome attention to non-Western religious traditions." William Hasker, Huntington College
"Taliafero provides and open-minded and stimulating introduction which will encourage readers to form their own views about some of the deepest issues confronting human beings." Roger Trigg, University of Warwick
"While he places at the center of the book the philosophical articulation of theism and theistic themes, author Taliafero develops these themes in conversation with four other living world religion, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, an Buddhism, and with various atheistic or agnostic challenges to them. This is first-rate book and will be useful in the classroom." Michael Beaty, Baylor University
* Highlights the ethical and social dimensions of religious beliefs.
* Provides extensive resources to enable students to enter the field.
* Many suggested topics at the end of each chapter stimulate further reflection.