1. Post modernity or the second modernity.
3. Global risk society.
4. Labour society and regime of risk.
5. Cosmopolitan society and its enemies.
6. The prospects for a second enlightenment.
Recommended literature for further reading.
Selected Works by Authors Cited in the Text.
Books by the Authors in English.
About the Authors.
- Ulrich Beck, one of the most important and influential contemporary social thinkers, reveals and expands his work in a series of conversations with journalist Johannes Willms.
- These conversations shed new light onto the major themes in Beck’s work and provide an insight into some of the commitments and beliefs that they rest upon.
- Includes new thinking on the risk society and on globalisation, themes that have put him at the forefront of contemporary debates.
- Witten in a clear and lucid way and thus ideal for anyone seeking to come to grips with Beck’s work.